Monday, April 10, 2017

Thor: Ragnarok Trailer, My Thoughts

I don't think a trailer has ever gotten me so hyped in my life. I literally screamed a little bit when I saw it. That trailer? The first one for Thor: Ragnarok. If you haven't seen it yet...first, have you been living under a rock? Second, here it is!


The trailer begins with Thor dangling over lava in chains. His narration reminds me of that "Yeah, that's me." meme. We then get a brief glimpse of Cate Blanchett as Hela, the Norse Goddess of Death, and the ruler of Hel, the Norse Underworld.

Thor tosses Mjolnir at her, and she catches it. She shoots a little smirk, it widens a bit, and...KABOOM.

She blows it up. Yup. Mjolnir exploded. And I think it took a city block with it. I also love the choice of music with this trailer. "Immigrant Song" by Led Zeppelin is such a perfect choice for a film about Thor, as it's a song about Vikings, and it makes references to Valhalla and Mjolnir.

HOLY COW, THE HEADDRESS! HELA HAS HER HEADDRESS FROM THE COMICS! HOLY COW! IT'S GLORIOUS!

And next ,we see Hela wrecking Asgard. Odin is not going to be happy. But then, the film is called Thor: RAGNAROK, so it would make sense Asgard would get destroyed. My guess is Thor ends up wherever the film takes place in an attempt to save Asgard from Hela.

The bit with Thor and the net is funny. And I liked the introduction of Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie. Although I do wish her costume was blue leather with silver armor pieces, not a generic black bodysuit. And Jeff Goldblum looks funky as the Grandmaster. And I think we got an idea of how Thor lost his long locks, which caused a bit of an uproar.

We get a brief glimpse of Idris Elba as Heimdall, and SKURGE WITH MACHINE GUNS! SKURGE WITH MACHINE GUNS! THAT'S FROM THE COMICS! THAT'S FROM THE COMICS! I KNOW THAT STORY!

You know, we're getting Skurge, but we've yet to see Amora the Enchantress in the MCU. Her sister Lorelei appeared in Agents of SHIELD, but not Amora herself. It was thought for a while that Cate Blanchett would play her, but that turned out to not be the case. That's kind of a shame. I do hope we do get her and Balder in the MCU.

Thor walks into an arena. It's a gladiator arena. I wonder if the Collector will be entertained.


And just who is Thor's opponent and current Universal Gladiotorial Combat Heavyweight Champion?

The Incredible Hulk, decked out in his armor that's rather Planet Hulk-esque. I heard elements of that story will be used here. Nice. And Thor is overjoyed to meet him. He shared that "YES" with me when I saw this trailer. Hulk's his friend from work.

We get a brief glimpse of Loki in the Grandmaster's skybox. I wonder if he's having flashbacks of the time Hulk nearly pulverized him in the first Avengers movie.

And speaking of the first Avengers movie, I bet Hulk had been itching for a rematch against Thor since their little brou-ha-ha on the Helicarrier. Would explain why he's so eager to get himself another piece of the God of Thunder.

I LOVED THIS TRAILER. I watched it a LOT of times today. I cannot WAIT for November so I can see this movie! It was so much fun to watch! This movie is going to be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment