Thursday, August 30, 2018

Bastion Announcement Trailer, My Thoughts

In 2011, Supergiant Games developed and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment published a game called Bastion. An action-RPG, it told the tale of a character known only as "the Kid", who fought monsters on isometric-viewed pieces of a world destroyed by an event called "The Calamity". The goal? To reach a place of safety called the Bastion, while learning of what caused "The Calamity" in the first place.

The game has been heavily praised for its music, story, and graphics. However, its gameplay has received mixed reviews. Despite this, the game has reached numerous systems over the years, from PCs to X-Box One, and even on Linux. I myself played it on the 360. I remember enjoying it, but I think I lost interest. It's been a long time. Now, it's coming to the Nintendo Switch. Let's take a look!


Is the announcer trying to sound like a cowboy Morgan Freeman?

Heh heh, that animation was pretty cool.

That is a big teardrop thing.

Ah, I enjoyed slicing up and shooting monsters.

Was that a rifle?

DEATH FROM ABOVE!

Don't you just hate it when a barrier suddenly appears when you're fleeing from a floating platform's collapse. I know I do. It's like fate wants to kill you.

I've enjoyed Bastion on the X-Box 360, so I may get this for the Switch. I do hope this game has some special new stuff for this port, like extra levels, weapons, that kind of thing. I wouldn't mind if it didn't, just it would make great incentive for those who've played this game in the past to get this port. I can't wait for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment