Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Venom Trailer #2, My Thoughts

Back in April, I gave my thoughts on the first Venom trailer. I remember thinking it was interesting, but I still had some reservations. Anyway, the second trailer is out, so for my first blog entry of the month of August, let's take a look!


Welcome to San Francisco! Come see the Golden Gate Bridge! And please try not to annoy the big overmuscled "sym-BUY-oat" guy. He will eat you, and the City of San Francisco has no legal liability in the event of being consumed by angry "sym-BUY-oat."

Hi, Eddie.

That symbiote is yellow. I think that may be Scream. But she's yellow-and-red, not yellow-and-black.

Okay, that eye thing is...creepy.

Well, that guy is...optimistic, isn't he?

Aw come on, that symbiote has got to find a better way to take over people than that! That's just wrong!

When Eddie Brock became Venom in the comics, he was an angry, ANGRY dude. SO it's kind of weird to see him as much more of a milquetoast.

Was that bit with the reflection a nod to the 90s Spider-Man cartoon? In that cartoon, when Spider-Man was wearing the symbiote suit, he saw Venom in a mirror, foreshadowing him.

Look like Eddie is going to have to learn to live with his new buddy.

I have to admit, I do have a bit of trouble understanding what Venom is saying sometimes. Dude, close your lips. You don't need to keep your teeth out all the time.

Venom threatening to eat people. Yeah, in the comics, Venom has been known to eat brains. Brains contain a certain chemical (likely phenethylamine) to survive. It's also found in chocolate. Would be funny to see Eddie buying lots of candy bars to keep Venom on the level.

Symbiote vs. Symbiote action?! I am for that!

Oh God, Venom's threat there is hilarious! He sounds like a teenager trying to sound like a badass! And he just ate that dude. Yeah, that dude was totally consumed.

I have to admit, I am a bit more positive about this movie after seeing this. I still am not fond of his story being separated from Spider-Man. As I said before, Venom starting out was a twisted dark mirror of the Wall-Crawler. One of the few regular villains Spidey faced that he was actually afraid of. I would love to see that Venom face Tom Holland's Spider-Man. Would be a great test for the young wall-crawler. Ah, well.

Seeing this trailer does think this film may be fun, so I'll give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment