Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Advanced Gungeons and Draguns Expansion Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

In 2016, A team called "Dodge Roll" developed and Devolver Digital published a game called Enter the Gungeon. Originally released for the Xbox One, it also managed to make its way to the Nintendo Switch. Enter the Gungeon is a bullet hell roguelike video game in which you play as one of six adventurers, each with their own unique special ability, as you make your way through a randomly-generated dungeon to find a special gun that would allow them to defeat their pasts.

I have it for the Switch, and it is a fun game, with many different weapons to choose from, and enemies all having a gun theme, from walking bullets to a Rambo-esque bird boss. That's as far as I tend to get before I get my butt kicked. This game is hard.

Recently, it has been announced that an expansion for the game has come out called Advanced Gungeons and Draguns, a play on Advanced Dungeons and Dragons. The expansion is meant to bring in new weapons, bosses, and enemies, as well as some adjustments for new and experienced players alike. They've released a trailer for it, so for my final blog entry of July 2018, let's take a look!


Hey, cool animation! It's funny seeing a medieval-style knight toting a gun.

Heh heh, boxing glove gun. Eddie Valiant would be proud.

I hate it when enemies disguise themselves as walls. Seems inherently unsporting to me.

Hey! That rat just stole all those weapons! Get it! Kill it with fire!

Well, all's fair in love and war, cloak guy. At least, I think that's a guy.

Well, rat! You reached a dead end! Whatcha gonna do? Oh yeah, he's got the guns.

Wait, I think this part is going to show some of the new features of the expansion. Creating barriers would be handy if you end up in a room without any tables to flip over.

Combining weapons, too? That's another awesome feature. Imagine the combinations one could make from the guns in the game, even better if different combinations have different effects.

And you can shoot from cover now? Oh, that'll save me from a hit or two.

Hey, Cloak Guy is okay!

Oh, I like this! I really do! I enjoy Enter the Gungeon, so I will definitely get this expansion! I like the new features, and the idea of more weapons to fight the monsters of the Gungeon appeals to me. I hope this game will get more expansions in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment