Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Shazam! Trailer, My Thoughts

The DC Extended Universe is rolling on. We looked at the trailer for its sixth film, Aquaman, but now we're also getting the trailer for its seventh film, and this one is focusing on a boy given the power of a god. That's right, the original Captain Marvel, aka Shazam is coming to the DCEU! Let's take a look at the trailer!


The trailer begins with a view of the city. I'm assuming its Fawcett City.

Oh, he's going to be the jerky Billy Batson of the New 52, isn't he?

Hey, Freddy Freeman is wearing an Aquaman shirt. ...does Arthur authorize those? Like, is he involved in the making of them?

Heh heh, an actual joke. I think DC may finally be learning from their screw-ups.

I'm guessing Freddy Freeman is going to be the big superhero fanboy. Nice.

And we got some bullies. And some hinting as to why Billy Batson gets to have the Power of Shazam.

Looks like they're keeping his origin true to the comics. Good.

Man, Zachary Levi looks so awesome as the World's Mightiest Mortal! This is good! My hopes are going up!

Shazam dancing is hilarious! And so is that bit with him trying to fly. Don't worry, Cap. You'll get it. Just listen to the wisdom of Solomon.

Yep, the bullies getting some karma.

Yeah, I'd wait a while before you launch the Shazam Phone Charging Service.

Hey, Dr. Sivana! Can't have the World's Mightiest Mortal without his archnemesis, the World's Wickedest Scientist.

"I'm bulletproof. You're dead." HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, this is spectacular! I'm loving this! Between this, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman, I think the DCEU is finally taking some steps in the right direction. I'm loving that they're keeping in mind that he's still a kid. Shazam should be unabashed fun, and I think this film may understand that. I can't wait for this one! Bring on 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment