Sunday, July 29, 2018

Mega Man X Legacy Collection Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

Back in April, I gave my thoughts on the Mega Man X Legacy Collection coming to Nintendo Switch. My own experience with the X series is rather limited. I do remember playing the first X game and enjoying it despite being very hard. But now, the collection is out! So, let's take a look at the launch trailer!


It may not be 2017 anymore, but we're still celebrating Mega Man hitting the big 3-0, baby!

Mega Man X and Zero tend to be the main two protagonists of the series. In fact, Zero was intended to be the main character of this series. But the design was far too different from the classic version of Mega Man, so he was made to be the secondary protagonist. I think that was a smart move. It would have been too shocking to see Zero as the main character of this game series that was supposed to be a future version of Mega Man's world.

Axl first appeared in Mega Man X7, which came out in 2003 for Japan and the US, 2004 in Europe. It got...mixed reviews. The fact that X had to be unlocked to play as him and the issues with the 2D and 3D playing styles meshing had something to do with it.

Sigma is the big bad. And he had been pretty much the major if not only big bad of the X series. He's this series' Dr. Wily...if Dr. Wily was a robot corrupted by a virus that made you evil.

Vile is basically Sigma's flunky. He got to appear in that 1990s Ruby-Spears Mega Man cartoon alongside Mega Man X boss Spark Mandrill.

The X-Hunters appeared in Mega Man X2. They were the main villains of that game.

Dr. Doppler is from Mega Man X3. He was a robot that supposedly found a cure for robots going wild, or "Maverick". He was possessed by a viral Sigma.

Iris went crazy and tried to kill Zero after her brother Colonel, who led an army of Maverick Hunters, tried to create a nation of robots. It was supposed to be tragic, as she and Zero had feelings for each other, but only became a meme. "WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOORRRRRR?!"

Dynamo was a mercenary. That's pretty much it.

Gate tried to use a  virus to create his own utopia. Pretty much your standard "build a new world on the ashes of the old" villain.

Red was the leader of a group of vigilantes who lost it when fellow member Axl got fed up with his going too far and quit. Yeah. That's his motivation.

Lumine? I have no idea what her deal is. I really do not.

X Challenge mode seems like a fun way to challenge yourself. It's really funny seeing the early X games' Mavericks fighting alongside the later X games' ones, considering how the graphics advanced over the course of the series.

So this collection has X7 and X8 being given HD remasters? That's pretty neat.

Yeah, I'm going to have the most fun with Museum Mode. I love looking at concept art and listening to music.

I hope that the "Day of Sigma" film is fun to watch.

Oh, commercials! That's awesome! And Trailers! That is sweet!

I can imagine the X series got a surprising amount of collectibles.

Well, this sounds awesome! I love it when companies release game collections like this, and I have been wanting to play Mega Man X again, so I think I'll add this to my game collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment