Thursday, July 11, 2019

Dr. Mario World Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

In 1990, Nintendo released a puzzle game for the NES and Game Boy called Dr. Mario. In it, Nintendo's mascot Mario takes up the medical business. He is a doctor who must destroy viruses with special capsules. Basically, you match the colors, you destroy the virus.

The game would be highly praised, and spawn a small series of games of its own. Dr. Mario would also be a playable fighter in the Smash Bros. series. And now a new game has come in the series...in the form of a mobile game.

Yup, in recent years, Nintendo finally decided to take the plunge into games for phones and tablets. Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, and Pokémon are three Nintendo series that have mobile spin-offs. And now Dr. Mario is getting a mobile game: Dr. Mario World. Let's look at the launch trailer!



I love the remix of the theme.

The gameplay of Dr. Mario is simple, but it's what makes the game so fun and addicting. Just match the capsule colors with the viruses, and clear out the viruses. Easy, but challenging. I think I played this game many years ago, I don't remember.

Heh, that stage with the bombs. Sometimes, you have to go scorched earth on the viruses.

I like the addition of new items like the Rainbow Capsule and Koopa Shell. Enhances the gameplay and makes you strategize more.

Ohhh, I get the feeling players are going to HATE the teleporting viruses.

Heh heh, there's a Dr. Bowser. I wonder how many malpractice suits he's been hit with.

I like that you can unlock doctors with special attacks. Find the one that fits your playstyle!

Well, this game looks like it will be tons of fun! I loved Tetris as a kid, so this seems right up my alley. I wonder why I never really played these games before. Well, now's a good time to start!

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you enjoyed it, spread it around! And if you want to give this blog some additional support...I'm still working on that. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment