Monday, July 15, 2019

Rambo: Last Blood Teaser, My Thoughts

In 1982, the film First Blood was released in American theaters. It was based on the 1972 novel of the same name by David Morrell. The film told the tale of John Rambo, a man (with a particular set of skills) dealing with the mental scars of his time in the Vietnam War who ends up in a war with the arrogant sheriff of a small town in the state of Washington.

The film did get mixed reception on release, but it was a box office smash. Over the years, First Blood has been reappraised as a classic, important to the development of the action genre. The film would spawn a franchise. It got three sequels, an animated series (Since it was the 80s, it also got a tie-in toy line), comic books, novels, video games, novels, the works.

There was intended to be a fifth film called Rambo: Last Stand, but it got cancelled in 2016 when Sylvester Stallone (who played Rambo and co-wrote all the films) decided to retire from the role. However, it appears Mr. Stallone as changed his mind and decided to don the headband and pick up the bow and explosive arrows one more time. Let's take a look at the teaser for Rambo: Last Blood!


Eh, not the first time Rambo got in a big fight on US soil.

Well, it's nice to see that John got himself a nice little farm. Where he can raise his chickens and pigs and grow stuff in peace. ...who's going to ruin this for him? And how brutally will they die?

I just had this hilarious mental image of an old Rambo sitting in his rocking chair screaming "NOTHING IS OVER" at the clouds as they pass by.


Huh, I wonder who died?

Man, "Old Town Road" is EVERYWHERE, ain't it? I can see why, it's a good song.

Poor John just looks so freakin' tired. Take a nap, dude.

From what I understand, ol' Johnny is going to visit Mexico to rescue a friend's daughter from the cartel. I'm guessing ol' Sly Stallone watched Narcos on Netflix.

I'm getting the vibe that this movie is trying to go back to Rambo's roots, as it were. Seeing him set the traps, the combat, the making his own weaponry, it all has a First Blood vibe. I can see why they'd want to go that direction. The series did get crazier as it went on.

That's a lot of explosions.

Well, I have to admit, I haven't thought much about this movie since seeing the trailer. I did see bits of First Blood here and there, and I have enjoyed it alright. This looks like just one of those films where you can just sit back, turn off your brain, and enjoy. I may give this a watch.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you enjoyed it, please spread it around. And I have to look into further options for further supporting this blog. Still, thank you all for the continued support! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment