Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Text Play: Pokemon Mega Adventure #22

First of all, I would like to apologize for the incredibly long delay in getting this out. I try to do one of these at least once a month, but real life (and freakin' Mount Snarlet I HATE THIS PLACE) made that impossible. I appreciate all of your patience, and with that...Welcome back to the Akiba Region! Here's my 22nd entry in my Text Play through Pokémon Mega Adventure!



Still struggling with Mt. Snarlet. However, I found a YouTube video that helped me find my way through, and I just followed my way through. While there, I found another Mega Stone.


It's an Aerodactylite. After collecting it, I headed on through, guided by the YouTube video. Eventually I found my way through a cave and HOLY COW! I ended up in this cave full of Golbats, Noiverns, and Swoobats! This game is trolling players! Seriously! Who thought this was a good idea?! This is insane! I can't take five steps without one of them trying to fight me! I can certainly understand the Angry Video Game Nerd's hatred for bats now.

I did find another Dragon Scale here. I kept moving on, guided by the YouTube video. Encountered a LOT more Noiverns. God, I hate them so much right now. Eventually found myself in another chamber, where I found an Everstone.


Luckily, there is a saving grace to all of this. If you run away from or defeat all the wild Pokémon you encounter, they go away, so backtracking is not so bad. I eventually did manage to escape...after going through MORE bat Pokémon! I hate this cave so freakin' much! I eventually managed to get outside, but I still have a ways to go. I hate this cave. I did find a Comet Shard.



I continued on through this endless cave, finding a Max Revive and battling a Team Prime Ace. Eventually, I found myself in a Double Battle with a pair of Team Prime Aces. I couldn't beat them. Which basically meant I had to go back to the Pokémon Center...and start all over again. I restarted my game and decided to try and backtrack back to the Pokémon Center. I ended up stuck in a battle, and got beaten. So, I lost quite a bit of money anyway, but made it back to the Pokémon Center.

I have to take the opportunity to rant about something that annoys me. I wanted to put my Primarina back in my team (I swapped that Pokémon out for Poliwag, now Poliwhirl), but evidently, it can't learn Surf. You have got to be kidding me. Have you seen Primarina?! It's a mermaid/seal thing! It can swim!


Look at Primarina! Look at this Pokémon! You mean to tell me that this thing! This thing! This mermaid/seal thing can't learn to summon a wave of water or carry me across the water?! That's stupid!


Anyway, remember last time when I said that I found a YouTube video that went through this cave? Well, I used it to get me through the cave...almost. I had to go through the same Team Prime Aces that kicked my head in last time...and they kicked my head in again. So, time to go back and grind. And grind I did. Grinding and grinding. Endless grinding. I got my Pokémon past level 70, so I'm hoping to try again.

As I said, I found a YouTube video that helped me find my way through this freakin' cave that I hate so freakin' much. I hate this cave. I hate it with all my heart. I want to smack the person who designed this.


Me too, lady. Me too.

Sadly, I didn't really document the items and things I found in this cave, because as I have subtly hinted, I hate this cave, and I want to just get through it. But not to worry, just watch this YouTube video here. This is the very video I used to guide me through this cave. So, thanks to SacredAlmighty for that. I'd make sure to not watch this at work. During my travels around, I did get this.


It's a Salamancite. Another Mega Stone for the collection. I also found another item during my journey.



It's TM28 (Dig).

Eventually, I found myself in a Double Battle. Team Prime Aces Carl and Brenda. They first brought out a pair of Lycanroc, but my Venusaur and Poliwhirl were able to beat them easily with some Razor Leaf and Surf. This battle went straight to hell (Both the Judeo-Christian one and it took a pit stop in the Asgardian Hel for a few laughs) after it, but I managed to win. I also ended up fighting Celestial himself. He was tough. Real tough. This place makes me so freakin' tired.

But I pressed on. I kept pressing on. I had no choice. I wanted out of this cave, and I had gone too far to go back. I trudged on, half my team utterly wrecked. Until I found this.


...Dragnar City Entrance. I did it. I made it through. I FINALLY GOT THROUGH MOUNT SNARLET! I DID IT! I FINALLY DID IT! AHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!


Yeah, I may have lost a little bit of my sanity in the process of going through this cave. Just a little bit. I went straight to the Pokémon Center there (My poor Pokémon got battered so bad), and I met Serena.


She had a couple announcements to make: Ash had won the last badge, and she's going with him to Victory Road. I'm guessing for moral support. He also took down Team Prime's boss. Heh. Let him have them. I've had my fill of Team Prime.

And that's pretty much it for this entry. Next time, we're going to explore Dragnar City. Yay! Join me next time!

Pokémon Captured:
Steelix

Pokémon Encountered:
Doublade (Encountered, couldn't catch)
Lycanroc (Encountered, couldn't catch)
Jangmo-o (Encountered, couldn't catch)
Lapras (Encountered, couldn't catch)
Goodra
Diggersby
Shelgon
Tyranitar
Dragonite

No comments:

Post a Comment