Friday, August 30, 2019

Torchlight II Announcement Trailer, My Thoughts

In 2009, American video game developer Runic Games and Chinese publisher Perfect World gave the world the action-RPG hack-and-slash Torchlight. Torchlight was originally released for Microsoft Windows, but it would eventually come to the Xbox 360, Linux, and OS.

In the game, Torchlight is a mining town built on a vein of Ember, a mysterious ore that can be used to create magical weapons. Your character is recruited to find an alchemist who vanished in the mines. As you progress, you discover dark secrets about the magical ore. The game was praised for its art, music, and combat, but was criticized for its story.

I myself am familiar with Torchlight. I played the game on my Xbox. It was a lot of fun, but the endless dungeons started to bore me. In 2012, Runic Games released the sequel: Torchlight II, for Xbox 360 and various computer operating systems. The game continued the story from the previous game. Like its predecessor, it would get positively praised. But now this game is coming to the PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch! Let's take a look!



Ooh, neat animation!

Ha ha, can you imagine seeing a pair of people wearing that armor playing Nintendo Switches together in real life?

Ha ha, they don't notice the town is going mad around them.

I always had fun with the combat in Torchlight. The weapons were cool, too.

FLYING SKULL!

Hey, pink unicorn.

A hero's work in never done. Very true in an RPG. Always more sidequests.

You can get the pink unicorn in the Switch version. Neat!

I have to admit, this is a unique video game trailer. I love the animation. I did enjoy the first game all those years ago, just the dungeons got ridiculous. I never felt I was getting anywhere or making any progress. I am hoping this game addresses that issue. I hope it was, because I want to play this game.

Thanks for reading this blog entry. If you enjoyed it, spread it around! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment