Wednesday, February 5, 2020

NWA Powerrr Episode 13, My Thoughts

It's that time again! It's time to feel the Powerrr! Let's take a look at another episode of the National Wrestling Alliance's hit YouTube show!


Recap time! I like these recaps!

Tim's pretty happy. I like that he's wearing a Momma Storm pin. I want that pin.

If this were the 80s, it would likely be someone from another territory.

Aldis did chicken out of that match.

Oh hey, Kamille! Here to rub it in?

Yeah, I totally think that Kamille just stays quiet as a way of trolling people.

Yeah, Aldis is totally a coward.

Next week, Trevor Murdoch will be battling Dave Dawson in the TV Title tournament! Might be a fun one!

Match #1 - NWA TV Title Tournament - Zicky Dice vs. Caleb Konley

Dice's fanny pack is hilarious.

These matches are supposed to be short, so it makes sense that the wrestlers would want to get the win as quick as possible.

Fans getting behind Caleb!

WHAT A DROPKICK BY CALEB!

I imagine that when Zicky Dice went to the tattoo parlor, and the tattoo artist asked him what he wanted and where, he just said "Yes".

CALEB MISSED THE MOONSAULT!

Snake, Rattle, and Roll, and Dice gets the win!

Winner: Zicky Dice by pinfall

That was a pretty enjoyable match.

I have to admit, Stevens and the Question Mark have been pretty entertaining.

I love that the Question Mark is just sitting there, his mind likely going "Meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow..."

"Hello, I am Allysin Kay and I am classy. See mah pinkie?"

Match #2 - ODB vs. Thunder Rosa

I remember ODB from TNA wrestling back in the day. She was fun to watch. I've also grown to like Thunder Rosa, so this will be fun for me.

Both Rosa and ODB showing off their knacks for ground and pound.

Backcracker by Rosa! And she finishes off ODB with a stomp!

Winner: Thunder Rosa by pinfall

That was a fun match.

Figures the Rock 'n' Roll Express would still use landlines. They never really let the 80s go, ha ha.

Oh, NOW he shows up. Where were you earlier, Nicky? Getting coffee?!

Can Mrs. Aldis confirm that?

If Aldis is the Oprah of wrestling, then I got one question: Where's my car?!


Oh-ho, Aldis vs. Ricky Starks! This'll be good!


Match #3 - 6:05 Exhibition Match - Nick Aldis vs. Ricky Starks

Can the National Treasure defeat the young upstart in less than six minutes? Let's find out!

All Ricky has to do is last over six minutes.

Nick, you're wasting time!

Aldis using his power and taking his sweet time...

If I were Starks, I would just worry about surviving six minutes! After all, Aldis thinks he can beat him in that time.

SLINGBLADE BY STARKS!

STARKS ON THE OFFENSE! MAN IS FLYING!

Aldis hits the Cloverleaf!

You can endure, Ricky! Just forty seconds!

TIME LIMIT REACHED! STARKS DIDN'T TAP! HE DIDN'T TAP!

Winner: Draw, as time limit was reached

Ricky Morton wants five more minutes! The fans want five more minutes!

Aldis feeling a little threatened by Starks! He's out of here!

Main event time!

Where are the Wild Cards? Did they go somewhere and forget they had a match tonight?!

Match #4 - Eli Drake/James Storm vs. Colt Cabana/Ken Anderson

Eli Drake does not do handshakes. He will fistbump you, though.

This match hasn't quite gotten me excited like the previous match. Not much to say, really.

Ooh, hould not have laid hands on the ref.

Winner: Drake/Storm by disqualification

Colt's like, "Nice work, you idiot!"

Oh, I think we're seeing their tag team dissolve...or at the very least cracks forming.

Aldis doesn't want to admit it, but the Wild Cards were actually hungover.

Okay, that was pretty funny.

The Rock 'n' Roll Express are always up for a six-man tag team party, Nick!

Oh God, Nick brought in Scott Steiner! Well, the promos will be entertaining, at least.

Scotty looks so confused for a moment there. The steroids definitely screwed up his brain.

Well, this was a fun episode. My favorite match was the Aldis and Starks exhibition. Starks showed his grit and that he could go with the champ. That's impressive. I was surprised to see Scott Steiner again, and his promos will be entertaining. Looking forward to the next episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment