Friday, February 7, 2020

F9 Trailer, My Thoughts

My experience with the Fast and the Furious franchise is rather...limited, I will admit. The last film from this franchise I saw was a spin-off: Hobbs and Shaw. You can read my thoughts on that film right here. That was one of the few films in what has become known as The Fast Saga that I have actually seen.

However, there is no denying that the franchise is rather profitable. It's one of Universal Pictures' biggest franchises, making over $5 billion as of 2015. It's also crossed over into various other media, including video games. And we're getting a trailer for the ninth film in the main series: F9. Let's take a look!


Ah, a house at night. So peaceful, so quiet. Nothing crazy could be in here, right?

Oh. Dom Toretto is in the house. With a car. Well, the quiet can't last forever, can it?

He's been through a lot in these movies.

The gang's all here. Glad to see Ludacris still getting work. I liked him in Law and Order: SVU. I wonder if they're going to have tanks in this movie.


Also, there's always someone faster. These guys could never outrace the Flash.

Okay, who told these gunmen about the secret clubhouse? I want names!

AND HIS NAME IS JOHN CENA!

John Cena vs. Vin Diesel at WrestleMania 36! Book it, Vince!

Yeah, this franchise is getting crazier with every movie. They'll be racing tricked-out space shuttles before you know it. And fighting aliens.


Cena plays Dom Toretto's just now-revealed brother Jakob. Huh. No wonder Jakob hates Dom. Dom never talked about him until now.

Charlize Theron there is reprising her role as Cipher. She's a cyberterrorist who was the villain of the last movie. I had to do some reading up before watching this trailer. And what's with the Moe Howard haircut?

I can't help but wonder. Could it be possible that Jakob has some kind of enhancements? I mean, it's not like this series hasn't shown stuff like that beforehand. Maybe he was modified similarly to Brixton in Hobbs and Shaw...

Yeah, see that? Helen Mirren. She played Magdalene Shaw, the mother of Deckard Shaw, from Hobbs and Shaw.

Could be worse, buddy. Could be a Ford Pinto. Then it might end up exploding.


This used to be a bunch of films about car thieves. It's kind of hilarious to see what it's become. But hey, if it makes money...

Yeah, he's gonna do it.

I wonder if this series will cross over with Transformers. I mean, it's kind of a no-brainer.

Oh, this sent fans into a frenzy. In case you're wondering, the snacking guy is Han Lue. He was supposedly killed off in 2006's The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift. Bringing back characters from seeming death is not new in this series, either.

Well, this seems...like a ton of fun. I'm hoping that there will be lots of nods to the previous films for the fans. I'm sure there will be. I have to admit, I've never really been the biggest fan of these films, but I did enjoy Hobbs and Shaw. So, I just may enjoy this one.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you enjoyed it, spread it around! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment