Thursday, February 27, 2020

Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time Announcement Trailer, My Thoughts

On August 10, 2001, the animated series Samurai Jack premiered on Cartoon Network. The series told the tale of a feudal Japan-era prince who was brought to a dystopian future by a demon named Aku. Now Jack must travel this future world to stop the demon and return to his native time.

Samurai Jack would last for four seasons. In 2017, a fifth season would arrive. Set 50 years after the past four seasons, this season would allow the series to get a proper conclusion. The series would get critical acclaim and win several awards, including Emmys. Jack's adventures would be chronicled in other media, including comic books from IDW Publishing, and video games. And there's a new announcement trailer for an upcoming game starring Jack: Battle Through Time! Let's take a look!


Run, Jack! Run!

Rated T for Teen. Haven't seen that rating in a while.

I have to admit, this game reminds me of those 3D cel-shaded games from the 2000s.

I wonder if this game will be an adaptation of the show or an original story. I mean, it's not like there wasn't a big gap of time between seasons four and five to explore. Would make for some great comics or even novels?

Combat looks fun. I'm a sucker for some hack-and-slash fun.

Looks like you get Classic!Jack and his 50 years later look as well.

I am wondering if you only use the gun at certain points, or if it's a weapon that can be used at any point in the game.

I also wonder if you can change up Jack's look at various points in the game.

Not a whole lot of things to say, considering that the trailer is so short. But it did get me hyped. I loved the show, so I am excited to play this game.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, spread it around! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment