Monday, February 3, 2020

Shovel Knight Showdown Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

I love Shovel Knight. It is such a great game. So many other people love Shovel Knight too, because the titular character has managed to make his way to appearing in many other games, like Brawlhalla and Blaster Master Zero. His popularity was so great that he even managed to become an assist trophy in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

But what about the other characters in the game? After all, Shovel Knight was not the only character in his titular game. There was Shield Knight and the members of the Order of No Quarter, for example. Shovel Knight had been given expansions that focused on several members of said Order, which expanded on the main game's story.

Fighting each of the evil Order of No Quarter was fun, as every member was a knight with a gimmick. But what if you could just have all those knights fight each other? Well, now we can! With the game Shovel Knight Showdown, a fighting game based on the world of Shovel Knight! Let's take a look at the launch trailer!


Ooh, a giant snowplow to the dome would hurt.


It looks like there might ne some platforming elements to this game, maybe? I mean, stages in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate had platforms to fight on.

It looks like we'll get a variety of battlefields to fight on. That's neat. I wonder if the battlefields will have their own gimmicks and traps like SSBU. I know, I'm doing quite a bit of SSBU mentioning, but I love that game so much.

Looks like ten characters all together. And they all have different colors. What I mean by "colors" is this: If two players of a fighting game pick the same characters to fight as, the sprites/models will be colored differently so the players can tell which character they play as. For example here, if two players pick Shovel Knight to fight as, player one would have the Knight in his traditional blue armor, but player two's Shovel Knight may have white armor.

It does look like this game can have up to four players. I'm hoping you can do tag teams.

Considering each of the Knights have a gimmick in the game, I an only imagine how fun it will be to try fighting as each knight. Every one plays differently, I hope.

This game looks like it will be a ton of fun! As I said, I loved Shovel Knight, so I would gladly give this game a shot! Hopefully, it's as fun as Smash Bros. is!

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, spread it around! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment