Thursday, December 10, 2015

TMNT: Out of the Shadows Trailer: My Thoughts

In 2014, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles returned to live-action film, and the reaction was mixed. Many hated it, but it still did well enough to warrant a coming sequel, Out of the Shadows.

As for my personal experiences with this film, I have to admit, I never watched it, although I have been meaning to. It wasn't because I thought the film would be bad or anything, I just never got around to it. The bad reviews didn't drive me away from seeing it, nor did the trailer. I just shrugged and went on to do other things. It wasn't like the trailers to the last Fantastic Four movie. When I saw those, I thought. "Thing looks alright. Everything else looks dull and bleak, though."

Anyway, as for the coming TMNT sequel, the first trailer just dropped.


I have to admit, this trailer got me excited. I am eager to see this. The Turtles look bright and colorful. As someone who also has seen the original TMNT cartoon as a kid, it's really great seeing Bebop and Rocksteady finally make their live-action debut.

Seriously, the two mutants look amazing on film. The effects team deserves kudos for that. And Bebop's line to the Turtles made me laugh. Also, as a wrestling fan, it's really neat seeing Sheamus as Rocksteady. I hope we get to see the Turtles get a Brogue Kick.

It feels like the film is drawing heavily from the 1980s-1990s Turtles cartoon, with Bebop and Rocksteady, Vernon returning, the portal possibly indicating Krang, and the Turtle Van. Yup, the Turtle Van. Which is awesome. It shoots MANHOLE COVERS out of its front. I think that's it's pretty cool.

The trailer really gives a feeling of fun throughout it. You really get the impression the people making this film were really enjoying themselves, and that helps contribute to the general...aura of a film, you could call it.

In all, this trailer was exciting, and I want to see this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment