Sunday, December 13, 2015

X-Men: Apocalypse Trailer: My Thoughts

We've known that the X-Men have had a new film coming for some time: X-Men: Apocalypse. I will be honest. The only X-Men films I ever really watched were the very first one and X-Men Origins: Wolverine. The first X-Men film was awesome, and I felt Origins could've been better. I did get excited about Days of Future Past, but I still haven't seen it. In essence, the X-Films have never really gotten me really excited. I had been hearing about Apocalypse, but it generally made me shrug.

The trailer had dropped, and I figure, hey why not watch it? Might be worth a chuckle, heh heh.



I will admit, it does look cool. The trailer does look cool. And one thing I really think is great is that this trailer is not spoiling the whole thing like the latest Batman v Superman trailer seemed to do. Although I think this is only the first trailer.

People have made their fair share of jokes regarding Apocalypse resembling Ivan Ooze, but based on this trailer, he looks pretty darn cool. And I do like that they are making an effort to have him resemble his comic self, which is awesome. The X-Films are growing less afraid of growing a little more colorful.

Speaking of colorful, I'm not too fond of the X-Men's uniforms. They seem a bit drab to me. Would be nice for them to have some color. It's also funny to see Mystique not being a red-haired blue woman. Meh, probably the studio wanting to make sure we recognize Jennifer Lawrence. You know, because movie watchers are dumb.

Jubilee looks adorable, that is all.

And there are explosions, lots of explosions. And Apocalypse had picked some unique Horsemen. And it's also nice to see some RED and PURPLE in Magneto's costume.

This does look like an interesting film. I think I'll have some fun watching this.

No comments:

Post a Comment