Thursday, February 11, 2016

Batman V Superman Super Bowl Trailers, My Thoughts

Captain America: Civil War was not the only superhero film to get a trailer during the Super Bowl this year. DC Comics also put out two spots with their next superhero flick: Batman V Superman.



Like the Civil War trailer, they are very short, only about thirty seconds each. One can criticize them as glorified Turkish Airlines ads, and I can see why. That's what I thought initially myself, to be honest.

However, on further thought, I realized that actually is a neat idea. These little spots are giving us a glimpse of the world of Batman v Superman. We are seeing in-universe ads, and that's pretty cool.

One touch I liked was that the Gotham one was showing night scenes and the Metropolis one was showing daytime scenes. Fits their characters very well. Superman should be about brightness and light, and Batman is about grim darkness. I also LOVED seeing the red streak of Superman flying by in the Metropolis spot and the Bat-Signal in the Gotham spot.

Jesse Eisenberg's Lex still does seem a bit off to me. On the OTHER hand, though...Ben Affleck made a pretty good Bruce Wayne. I think I was probably one of the only people on the planet that didn't flip into a nerd rage when he was announced as the new Batman, and well, I think he's going to do just fine.

Not much else to say, really. Except I know Batman will be heavily favored in this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment