Sunday, February 21, 2016

Deadpool Review

Well, it is finally here! Deadpool is here! And I got to watch it!

I have to admit, I have been excited for a film ever since I saw the famous test footage with Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool via motion capture, and I have to admit, his Deadpool seemed just like the comic, complete with accurate costume.

While being as spoiler-free as possible, I will say this: This film was hilarious and had some warped moments. Reynolds's Wade Wilson was anti-heroic and hilarious.

The film had a lot of laughs, and some very nice appearances from the X-Men Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead (Props for this film using obscure characters!). It even managed to sneak in an homage to Bob, Agent of HYDRA.

The movie was bloody, violent, and hilarious ride. Ryan Reynolds is clearly having a blast being Deadpool, and it's really cool seeing him bounce off all these other characters. All the actors did very well, Gina Carano's Angel Dust was one bad bruiser, Leslie Uggams' Blind Al was a fun mother figure to Deadpool, and Brianna Hildebrand's Negasonic Teenage Warhead was your typical broody movie teenager.

As for any negatives...well, it did feel a bit formulaic, but it didn't bother me watching the film. It also was surprising seeing Deadpool being a bit of a romantic, but again, it didn't bother me that much.

Go see the film. If you like violence with laughs, this is your movie. If you like Deadpool, this is your Deadpool movie. I can't wait for a sequel!

No comments:

Post a Comment