Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Daredevil Season 2 Trailer (Part 1), My Thoughts

I loved the Netflix Daredevil series. And lots of other people loved it, too. So many people loved it, a second season was ordered. We have been hearing lots of things about who will be appearing, including Cambodian-French actress Elodie Yung of G.I. Joe: Retaliation fame bringing Elektra to tablet screens, and Jon Bernthal of Walking Dead fame as Frank Castle, aka The Punisher. I have heard that there is so much excitement over Bernthal's Punisher that they want to do a Netflix series for him. Amazing.

Anyway, the trailer just dropped.


My thoughts on it? Well...it's awesome. The first thing I noticed was that this was "Part 1". A multi-part trailer? Good heavens, that will be a sight. I wonder what part two will be like.

The trailer focuses on the Punisher, which I think is rather appropriate as I think he'll be one of the big threats of the series. We get little glimpses of his family home, which really helps show why Frank is what he is. From what we see from Bernthal, it's pretty clear he gets the character. His Castle is intense, tough as nails, and well, a bit of a psycho, which I think fits him. Let's face it folks, the Punisher is crazy. Based on the snippets we have seen of him in action, Daredevil may be in for one of the biggest challenges of his young superhero career.

We see lots of action, and it looks like ol' Matt Murdock may have some troubles down the line with his friends Karen and Foggy. Hopefully, those work out. Matt may be needing his friends based on what may be coming.

I liked the music they used in the trailer. It gave a sense of foreboding, and since Frank's coming to town, you know a whole lot of people will be eating lead. I also didn't see Punisher's big ol' skull emblem anywhere, but I think he'll get that later. Daredevil went through most of Season 1 without his trademark costume, so he may get that later.

The little cameo from Elektra at the end was a pleasant unexpected surprise. Elodie Yung is gorgeous. I can't wait to see her in action. And she has a really awesome voice. I liked the little bit of playfulness in her voice when she greeted Matt. Elektra is a woman who loves what she does, and I can't wait to see what Ms. Yung does with the character.

You know, since this trailer is a "Part 1" and focuses on the Punisher, maybe "Part 2" will focus on Elektra. I hope so. I want to see some sais a-flyin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment