Monday, February 29, 2016

Daredevil Season 2 Trailer, Part 2 (My Thoughts)

Previously, I gave my thoughts on the first part of Daredevil's Season 2 Trailer. Well, the second part has finally dropped, and I wanted to give my thoughts on it.


Whereas the first part focuses on Frank Castle/The Punisher, this trailer focuses on one Elektra Natchios. Which I think is really neat. I have to admit, I am growing to love Elodie Yung as Elektra. I especially love her voice. I don't know why, but she has a great voice. I know she is French, but it seems to me she was trying to affect an English accent. Or maybe it's just me.

Based on what Elektra is saying in the trailer, Matt is going to be having problems with the Yakuza in this season. Turns out he didn't drive them out of NYC after all, and they're ready to take the city.

We also just may be seeing some fraying in Matt and Foggy's friendship this season. Which is understandable. Foggy knows Matt is Daredevil. He knows his best friend spends his nights wearing a devil costume and beats up criminals...and getting bruised and beaten up a lot himself. Matt, seriously. You're not Superman, stop leading with your chin.

Matt feels a responsibility to protect his city, but also keep in mind, the Punisher is rampaging. Elektra is in town. The Yakuza are on the comeback tour. Things are going to get rough, and you can't blame Foggy for being scared. Not to mention that Matt may be questioning his own methods as Daredevil. Remember in Part 1 where Punisher called him a half-measure? We may be seeing the Man Without Fear wonder if he's really doing any good at all.

And the BIG reveal? Scott Glenn's Stick said it: "They call them...The Hand." Yup. The Hand are coming. Not surprising, really. If Elektra is showing up, you know the Hand are not far behind. In the comics, Elektra was a part of the Hand before breaking away from them and becoming a mercenary. It does lead one to wonder here about whose side Elektra is on in the season? Will she be an ally or an enemy? Does she want to stop the Hand...or is she helping them?

The trailer closes with a bunch of action scenes, and a funny moment with Elektra and Matt. I know people like to criticize the MCU as being a bit overly-dependent on humor, but when it comes to the Netflix shows, a bit of humor every now and then really helps with handling the grim and grit the Netflix shows side take on.

I am excited for Season Two. I LOVED Season One, and I am looking forward to Iron Fist. Hopefully, after the darker directions of Daredevil and Jessica Jones, Iron Fist will be a bit more light-hearted. We could use that as a palate cleanser at the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment