Monday, October 30, 2017

Injustice 2 Hellboy Trailer, My Thoughts

Injustice 2 is the sequel to the hit fighting game that pitted some of DC Comics's greatest heroes and villains in an epic fighting game. And naturally, its success would spawn a sequel. It brought us new characters, and...a bit of a surprise. A certain half-demon paranormal investigator has arrived in the arena! He's ready, willing, and able to duke it out with some of DC's finest! I'm talking the Right Hand of Doom himself, from the mind of Mike Mignola, please welcome...Hellboy.


I have to say, I was surprised to see Hellboy in the game's roster. Yeah, I heard Raiden and Sub-Zero were also in the roster, but this game is made by Netherrealm Studios. Mortal Kombat is their big cash cow, so it's not surprising they'd bring some MK characters into the game.

In a way, a crossover like this is rather typical of Netherrealm games. After all, the last Mortal Kombat game had the Xenomorph, Leatherface, and the Predator in it. Come to think of it, maybe Hellboy would be a good fit for that game.

I do like the voice they got for Hellboy. I do wish it was Ron Perlman, but from what I hear, Michael-Leon Wooley is doing a good job. I did like his line when facing off against Atrocitus. I also enjoyed watching him bludgeon the bejesus out of everyone with his big ol' Right Hand of Doom.

I loved that bit where Hellboy beat Atrocitus down as they descended into Hell. That was fun to watch.

I have to admit, it's pretty cool seeing Hellboy in this game. Makes me wonder what other crazy characters they're going to bring in. I hope he plays well. He looks like he'll be a blast to play as.

No comments:

Post a Comment