Saturday, October 7, 2017

Retro City Rampage DX Retail Trailer

We're making a return to the 80s/90s-themed city of Theftropolis, baby! I've played and enjoyed this game on the Xbox 360, and it was a ton of fun. And now, those who own the Nintendo Switch...will get to enjoy the crazy retro-style action!


I have to admit, seeing the game on the Switch is awesome. It's a great game, and it deserves a ton of fans and support. It's been a while since I played the game, but it seems to look more...colorful. I'm guess that's the "DX" part of it. It is an enhanced version, after all. I wonder if it has more stuff, like missions and weapons and vehicles. That would be nice.

I loved rampaging with the tank in the game. Blasting everything in my path with shells, it felt like doing one of the Mayhem missions in Saints Row.

I think it's neat that the retail version has a reversible cover. And it pays homage to boxes for Master System games, complete with the grid and picture of "The Player" done in a simple style. I think the font is a bit off, though. I don't remember Master System boxes having that font.

Wait...it'll have an instruction manual?! An honest-to-God instruction manual?! Hey, those bring back memories! I used to read through the instruction manual to Super Mario All-Stars all the time because they had beautiful illustrations. I still have it...although it's a bit beat up. And the cover's a great homage to the American Super Mario Bros. 2.

You also get a CD, which I'm assuming will have the soundtrack. Maybe there'll be a way to download the songs to iTunes or something like that. I also like the keychain.

And the inclusion of 3-D glasses has me curious. I know the game has various filters that allow the game to mimic various consoles, so maybe this version will have one that allows 3-D with the glasses.

This looks awesome. I think I'll have to add this to the list of games I want for the Switch when I do get one...

No comments:

Post a Comment