Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 3 Trailer, My Thoughts

Injustice 2 has announced a new Fighter Pack DLC, it's third and final one! And this one is a doozy.


The trailer begins with someone knocking out Raiden and Black Manta, who I believe came from the last DLC pack. Raiden knocks over a barrel that contains what looks like oil. And it's heading for a lit cigarette. Who lit that cigarette? I doubt it was Raiden. Raiden doesn't seem like the smoker type to me. Nor Manta. I'd blame Hellboy, but I think he's more of a cigar type.

We next see a woman with a moon-shaped pendant walk near a building. It blows up. I have to admit, I had a bit of trouble recognizing who it was.

The Atom escpaes the explosion by leaping on the pieces of the building as they get blown away. That's awesome. The woman's eyes glow green and darkness shrouds her. It's the Enchantress. I have to say, I like her design here. A lot better than the Suicide Squad movie's take on it. At least here, she's wearing freakin' green.

One thing, though. I don't think that's how her powers work. You see, in the comics, June Moone can use magical power, but if she overloads with it, she gets drunk on it and goes evil. It's one of the reasons she was called the "Switcheroo-Witcheroo" back in the day.

Anyway, the Enchantress tries to blow Atom's mind...quite literally. Atom is able to use his shrinking powers to dodge the blasts, and he tries to wallop her. However, the Switcheroo-Witcheroo is able to block him with a blast that knocks them back. The two charge at each other, but...

TING!

Is...that a sai? Yes, it's a sai! A hat-and-trenchcoat-wearing figure approaches the two and says that fight looks like fun. He throws off his hat and coat and reveals...

IT'S RAPHAEL! AND HE'S GOT THE OTHER NINJA TURTLES WITH HIM! THIS IS AWESOME! Seriously, this is actually rather cool! I love their look in this game, too. Reminds me of the first Ninja Turtles movie. Mikey remarks that he wants dibs on the magic lady, and Leonardo reminds him they fight as a team. I have heard the TMNT will literally fight as a team in the game. I wonder what that means? Does that mean you can start with a particular Turtle, but you can switch out mid-fight? I think that's what it may mean. I'm hoping that each Turtle has their own fighting style, to reflect their personalities. I also would have had liked Donatello to get a line in this trailer. He's the only Turtle to not speak in the trailer.

I have to admit, I was surprised to see the Ninja Turtles in this game. It does make some bizarre sense. The Turtles recently did do a couple of crossover team-ups with Batman. They also met the original Ghostbusters in a pretty enjoyable miniseries. In a way, it's a pretty cool way to get people to give the game a try. People have loved the Turtles for 30 years, and hey, a fighting game is perfect for them. Hope people enjoy them! It's available on Windows, so I may give this game a shot...

No comments:

Post a Comment