Friday, November 10, 2017

Super Mario Odyssey Accolades Trailer, My Thoughts

Super Mario Odyssey is out, and the reviews are in! Check out the trailer!


I have to say, I love the many outfits that Mario can wear. From what I understand, some of them are nods to various game appearances he has made over the years. For example, see this outfit here?



That's in the game! Yup! Pretty cool, huh? I also saw the Builder costume Mario wore in Super Mario Maker in a video about the game. The song in the trailer, "Jump Up, Super Star!" is very catchy. It never fails to make me smile.

I do wish the cards that the reviews resembled postcards more. It would fit the whole theme of travel this game appears to have. I did like the ratings resembling the stamps you'd find on a passport. That was a nice detail.

I am still quite amazed as to how good this game looks. The environments look diverse and lush, and it's funny seeing Mario use his cap to possess things like Bullet Bills, Cheep Cheeps, and frying pan-throwing Hammer Brothers. I guess they left their hammers at home. Or they Frying Pan Brothers? I did like the bits where Mario seemed to merge with walls and the game imitates the original NES Mario. That's a nice nod to the past.

I'm gad SMO is getting such praise, but it's also not surprising. Nintendo always seems to bring their A-game to the table when it comes to Mario and Zelda games. I will get this when I get a Switch one day. Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment