Sunday, December 24, 2017

Batman: Ninja trailer, My Thoughts

Over the past 80 years, The Dark Knight has undergone many an adaptation and reinterpretation. And this one promises to be a rather unique one. Say hello to Batman Ninja, coming in 2018! And it's also my 350th blog entry! Yay!



That intro is pretty neat.

I wonder if this will be given subtitles or dubbing. I'm hoping there's a dub version, just to see Kevin Conroy say some Japanese words, like katana and wakizashi.

From what I understand, Batman somehow gets transported from modern Gotham City to Feudal Japan, which causes Feudal Japan-esque versions of his allies and villains to appear...somehow, and big fight to save the day, swords a flying, there's a gorilla, all that good stuff.

You know, I would love to see DC bring back the Elseworlds and do a full-on Feudal Japan Batman story, get Laura Joh Rowland on it. She wrote mystery novels set in Feudal-era Japan, if you don't get why. A friend of mine suggested it to me.

The characters are designed by Takashi Okazaki, who created Afro Samurai. I liked Afro Samurai. Looking over the credits, I did see people who also worked on other animes I enjoyed, like JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. So, it looks like it will be well-made.

OH MY GOD, BATMAN SMASHING INTO THE ROOM WITH HIS BATCYCLE. Then there's a pair of what looks big golden hands and WHAT ON EARTH IS THAT THING?!

I did like the brief flash of Batman and his boys in the tea house. I half-expected Damian to say something smarmy, and then get smacked by a giant fan or something like that. I also liked the general design of the characters, although I will admit, I do wonder how they will all fit in this movie in a way that will give them all fair spotlight. Also, I love the look of the animation. It just screams cool.

This looks really cool. I can't wait to watch this. Thanks for reading this, and if you celebrate, hope you have a very Merry Christmas tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment