Thursday, January 18, 2018

Nintendo Labo First Look, My Thoughts

If there is one thing Nintendo is known for, it's trying new things. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it does not. But this...this has to be one of the most unique new things I've seen Nintendo put out. Say hello to Nintendo Labo!


The trailer begins with...some cardboard being cut into certain lines. Than a hand pops some parts out and starts folding them. Hey, a cardboard piano!

Hey, you can put the Switch in it, and play it like an actual piano. That's really cool!

Well, this seems really neat. You can make fishing rods, motorcycle handlebars, and all sorts of neat stuff. This sounds like it'll be a lot of fun, especially for kids. My favorite one is the RC cars. I like the idea of using the Switch and its Joy-Cons to drive little cardboard cars around. I also think the camera is awesome, too.

If there is one thing I always give Nintendo credit for, it's their willingness to try new things and experiment. This is very cool. I have heard that Nintendo also made this to help teach engineering and physics. This is an awesome way to do it. Hands-on, fun, kids will love this.

It's also a bit of a clever nod to Nintendo's past. There were also once a toy company. And one of their creations then: Foldable cardboard toys.

Labo looks brilliant, and incredibly ingenious. It's just such a clever, simple idea. I think this is going to do really well. Nintendo, well done! You have done it again! This is so cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment