Monday, January 29, 2018

Pacific Rim Uprising Trailer, My Thoughts

In 2013, the film Pacific Rim hit theaters. It garnered positive reviews from critics, and did very well internationally, but sadly did not do well here in the US. Despite this, it has become a sort of cult classic here in the USA, and there's now a sequel. And here's a trailer for it!


The trailer begins with John Boyega in jail. Huh, Phasma got the last laugh after all. Evidently his character is the son of Idris Elba's character from the last movie, and the two are rather...estranged. It's understandable. Pentecost never even mentioned him in the last movie. I'd be bitter too if my dad passed me over for my adopted Japanese sister.

He seems like he lives the high life. How'd he get that Yeager skull? Is he a tech billionaire?

Ooh, I like that girl's Jaeger. That's pretty cool it can roll into a ball, like Sonic the Hedgehog. I also like that this Jaeger can be piloted by one person. Much more convenient than having two.

I'm guessing the UN eagerly refunded the Jaegers after the last movie.

You'd think the Japanese would get really fed up with giant monsters wrecking their stuff all the time. I mean, Godzilla's already bad enough.

Hmm, looks like someone is opening a portal to the kaiju's world and letting then enter our world. But for what purpose?

Like father, like son.

Ah, the classic story of the next generation of pilots having to endure their baptism by fire.

I've seen people complain about the Jaegers in this film being sleek and fast. But I look at it like this. This film is set ten years after the events of the last movie. The technology in the Jaegers could have undergone upgrading and modification over that time, allowing these Jaegers to be technologically superior to their "fathers".

This film seems like it'll be fun. I enjoyed the first Pacific Rim, and I think this one will be fun, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment