Tuesday, April 3, 2018

4th Anniversary!

Hello, everyone! Today is very special day, as it's my blog's 4th Anniversary!


That's right, it has been four years since I started this little blog. It has been quite a journey. I have enjoyed every minute of writing on this blog. When I started writing this blog four years ago, I admittedly had started it really out of boredom. It was my 30th birthday, and I had wanted to write a blog for a long time.

I'm a big fan of Linkara's web show Atop The Fourth Wall, but I wasn't very comfortable with the idea of putting myself on camera to talk about comics or anything else I liked. But I did remember another old blog that is sadly no longer active: Dave's Long Box. I loved that blog, and I highly recommend it, but I do have to warn you, he does use adult language. He curses a lot. I only hope my blog can be a tiny bit as humorous as they are one day.

Anyway, remembering Dave's Long Box, and I had discovered a love of writing in college, so on my 30th birthday, I thought...screw it, I'm gonna start a blog. Nobody may read or care about it, but it'll be something to do, and much like David Campbell, I had a comic book collection. So, why not talk about it...and other things I like or catch my interest? I have just realized that with this fourth anniversary, I have actually outlasted Dave's Long Box by a year. Wow. Haven't gotten to his entry count yet. He's written just over 550 blog entries, and I have just gotten to 400. But that's alright. I hope wherever Dave is, he's happy and if I could thank him in person, I would. One of his funniest reviews was his review of Punisher #2 (August 1987). He also did a hilarious review of Thor #499 (June 1996), a comic that he considered so bad, he had to break it into two parts.

As I also mentioned, I'm a big fan of Linkara, and his show Atop the Fourth Wall. It's a great show if you love comics, and he also has reviewed various other things thanks to his Patreon subscribers. He is one of my big influences when it comes to his reviews of comics. If you like seeing bad comics roasted, give him a view. His Retrospectives and Secret Origins months are fun reviews, too. Give his show a try, you will not regret it. Like me, he's celebrating an anniversary this year, too. His 10th. Thanks, Linkara. You are one of the reasons I went on this blogging journey.

Admittedly, starting on this blog had been slow. I had been a bit lazy and barely posted. But over time, I found myself getting into a bit of a groove with the blog. I've written comic reviews, and given my thoughts on various trailers, even did the occasional movie review. I also am doing Text Plays of the Pokémon fan game Mega Adventure, inspired by J. Michael Shearer's Text Plays. If you like RPGs, give them a read. And I want to do more.

I'd love to talk more about movies I love, for example. Once I get a new TV, I can do more movie reviews. I would also love to put up a short original story or two once I can come up with one. And I would also love to do a Text Play of Pokémon Insurgence, another great Pokémon fan game. It's really worth one now that it's finished. I have so much I want to do.

I also want to say thanks to everyone who's been reading my silliness and enjoying it over the past four years. I have had a ton of fun writing on this blog, and I have no intention of stopping any time soon. It's been a blast from the start, and here's to many more years!

No comments:

Post a Comment