Sunday, October 20, 2019

NWA Powerrr Episode 2, My Thoughts

Last week, I gave my thoughts on the premier episode of the National Wrestling Alliance's new YouTube show: NWA Powerrr. I thought it was an enjoyable episode. It updated the old-school studio-style wrestling show for a new modern audience, and showcased some talents that many in the mainstream had never seen before. I did have a couple minor nitpicks, but nothing major. It was an enjoyable hour of rasslin', and I was excited for the next episode.

And now that it's here, let's take a look!


Like the recap idea. Helps refresh the memory of those who saw the last episode, and helps new viewers not feel lost.

Let her talk, Aldis!

Again, love the these song choice.

I like the title belt pins the announcers wear. I wonder if they'll sell those on their site or something.

Well, when you put the announce desk near the ring, things are going to happen around it.

Aron Stevens. You may know him as Damien Sandow in WWE.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, sure you did, Aron.

I see that he's going to do some Hollywood gimmick.

Match #1 - Trevor Murdoch vs. Ricky Starks

It's great to see Trevor Murdoch again.

It's still so odd to me to see wrestlers not have theme music in their entrances.

It seems to be a theme with Cornette, whining about "kids" wrestling and "showbiz". Whatever, Cornette. Whine, whine, whine.

Ricky Starks gets the win, showing what he can do. I also like Ricky on the mic. He's great. The veteran Murdoch putting him over. And the showing respect from Murdoch was a nice twist.

This is my first time ever seeing Colt Cabana. And his tag partner is MISTERRRRRRRRR ANDERSON! ...ANDERSON! That makes three former WWE guys on this show.

Match #2 - Mr. Anderson/Colt Cabana vs. Sal Rinauro/Jordan Kingsley

Hey, it's Sal Rinauro! Remember him from last episode? Evidently after the beating he took at the hands of the Dawsons, he decided to go find himself a new tag partner.

And evidently the new partner did not help end Sal Rinauro's losing streak. Maybe next time.

Aldis coming off a bit heelish here.

And we get another insane commercial from a former wrestlers. Waffles and tire irons? That's awful specific.

Eddie! Too close to the camera, buddy!

Match #3 - NWA Women's Champion Allysin Kay vs. Ashley Vox (Non-Title Match)

Hey, a women's match! I did think the first episode of this show should have one.

Is it just me, or does Ashley Vox resemble Zendaya a little bit? She played Michelle "MJ" Jones in the last two Spider-Man films.

"Six Pounds of Silver" would be more appropriate, Cornette. Considering that belt is silver and white in color.

OW, THAT CHOP.

That was a good match.

Yeah, Tim Storm would be speechless. I mean, he can never get another shot at the NWA title again, and considering his age and how badly he wanted that belt back...he has some emotions to work through.

And here comes James Storm, NWA National Champion!

Yeah, that belt needs a redesign. I know it's the old-school design, but I think it looks goofy.

James Storm is a redneck and he is proud of it. And he's clearly an angry drunk. :P

Oh, that Eli Drake. Buttering up our resident angry redneck. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do to get that Ten Pounds of Gold, even call in a favor.

I love this Austin Idol commercial.

Match #4 - NWA Tag Team Champions The Wild Cards vs. Kingston/Homicide (Tag Team Title Match)

Eddie Kingston looks like a low-rent Shield cosplayer in that vest.

What a suplex from Kingston!

Clever counter to that sunset flip.

Mr. Kingston, watch your language!

Kingston clearing house!

GET THE DAWSONS OUT OF HERE!

Interesting interview there. It gives me the impression that Nick Aldis is slowly becoming more of a belligerent jerk. Nice character work done there. It's also interesting that when Kamille is given the chance to speak, she doesn't say a word. This is open to interpretation. It could mean that Kamille is naturally not much of a speaker, or maybe she's afraid to speak her mind. There are possibilities here.

I admit, I'm not much of the type who analyzes wrestling matches. I enjoyed them though, and I was happy that they managed to fit in a women's match. NWA is showing they have a deeper talent pool than expected, and like last episode, the hour just breezed on by. This was a good episode. Can't wait for episode three!

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, spread it around!

No comments:

Post a Comment