Friday, December 13, 2019

Streets of Rage 4 Switch Announcement Trailer, My Thoughts

Back in...August 2018 (wow, seriously?), I took a look at the reveal of the upcoming game Streets of Rage 4. I was really excited, considering I've never played a Streets of Rage game before. I liked the music, the style, it just looked like it was a ton of fun. And it's going to be Grand Uppercutting its way to the Nintendo Switch! Let's look at the announcement trailer for it!


I love the way the game looks. I know some would prefer a more pixelated style, like the previous three SoR games, but I think this is a nice style. It's like a very well-animated cartoon.

Ominously-shining sunglasses.

Hmm...who's the character with the guitar? Is that a new playable character? That character seems to be a new fighter.

I like the designs of the bad guys. They have a great retro beat-em-up vibe about them. I'd expect to see these guys in a late-80s early-90s arcade game.

That's what happens when you bring a knife to a gunfight, ha ha.

Adam Hunter is back, bay-bee! Like Blaze Fielding and Axel Stone, he was one of the original three fighters in the first SoR game, and only cameoed in the second and third games. I am wondering now if this is a reboot of the series. It would make sense to do so after all these years. He's the powerhouse of the fighters, a hard hitter but not very fast.

Mmm...chicken...



Man, this game looks so cool! And the music is awesome, too.

Oh, that new character with the guitar? According to DotEmu's Twitter page, say hello to Cherry Hunter, the daughter of Adam Hunter. She's a new character, and it looks like she could that guitar to go all Jeff Jarrett on someone.


Hmmm...that silhouette there. A new character? Maybe Dr. Zan from SoR 3?

I was excited for this game when it was first announced, and now I am more hyped than ever! I am so happy it's coming to the Switch! I cannot wait to play this game! Also, I hope everyone had a good Friday the 13th today, and managed to avoid this guy.


He tends to pop up on this day for some reason. I don't know why. He's annoying like that.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, spread it around! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment