Thursday, December 12, 2019

The Survivalists Announcement Trailer, My Thoughts

I am a big fan of city-building games. I've played SimCity 4 back in the day, and let's just say having a tablet makes it easy to find fun games in that category to play. I really like watching a city grow from a small burg to a megalopolis. I also like games in which you can craft and build stuff. I've been enjoying Crashlands on the Nintendo Switch, for example. One such game that caught my eye is The Survivalists. Let's look at the announcement trailer!


Don't you just hate it when you wake up on a deserted island? I know I find it an annoyance.

I wonder if you can customize your player avatar?

I do like the music here.

Crafting and building are standard mechanics for games like this.


Oh, training monkeys to help out? Hey, that's actually a pretty cool idea! There can be a ton of stuff to do in games like this, and it can be a bit overwhelming. Always happy for the help.

Co-op, huh? Is it both local and over the Internet?

I hope I don't have to have knowledge of The Escapists' universe to play this game. I think it will likely be stand-alone, but still.

Wow, that temple is totally not foreboding or anything.

Fighting monsters! I like fighting monsters!

Oh, those aren't monsters.

Well, this game looks like a bit of fun. I know there are some that think this type of game is done to death, but I get why. There's something a lot of fun about gathering materials and making something out of them. And here, there's a good reason for it, you're trying to survive on an island. That's neat. And I like that you can pay with friends, and I do hope you can customize your character. I hope this game will provide a demo, because I am intrigued and want to try it out.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, spread it around! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment