Wednesday, December 18, 2019

NWA Powerrr Episode 8, My Thoughts

It's that time again! Time to look at another episode of the National Wrestling Alliance's YouTube show, NWA Powerrr! I do apologize for being a bit behind on this. I spent a week in Texas visiting family, and I did not have my laptop with me, so I could not get caught up with writing about these shows. I did get to watch them, so I am up on what's going on. And with that, let's check out episode 8 of NWA Powerrr!


God, that National Championship is ugly as sin. It needs a redesign.


Honestly, I think Kamille just stays silent because she thinks it's funny. She's trolling everyone.

"James Storm, get a Nintendo Switch. It's got a god-tier game library. And yes, it has Doom. Classic Doom."
- Kamille to James Storm, 2019.

God, I love the theme song. Rockin' like Dokken!

Ahhhhh, this show is already better without Cornette. Glad he's gone.

I like those NWA Championship pins. I want one.

Gee, I wonder why people compare you to the Rock and "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, Eli.


I don't see the Ric Flair comparison.

Huh, a peek into how Eli started out. Neat.

There is an underlying theme of respect going on here. I like it.

Oh, he takes off his clothes in promo. Now I get the Ric Flair comparison.

Oh thank God, he kept his pants on.

It's really neat seeing Thunder Rosa prepare for her what I believe is first MMA fight.

She should also train in a glittery jacket once. That would be fun to see.

...I imagine a wrestling ring must be quite expensive.

Mongrovia. Is that near Latveria?

Zane Dawson having to recite Shakespeare sounds utterly hilarious.

Match #1 - Zane Dawson vs. ?The Question Mark? (Mask vs. Shakespeare Match)

This was a fun match.

Winner: ?The Question Mark?

And yup, Zane Dawson reciting Shakespeare is hilarious. I wanna see him read some Paradise Lost next!

Calm down, Aron. We all have to start somewhere.

PLEASE GOD, SOMEBODY GET THE DAWSONS TO DO SHAKESPEARE IN THE PARK JUST ONE TIME! I WANT TO SEE IT!

Ha ha, Mamma Storm pin. That's great.

Melina's return would have been a great surprise if the intro of the show didn't reveal her in the past.

Pretty good interview with Melina here. Learn quite a bit about her.

This Circle Squared thing sounds interesting. Maybe it'll become to the NWA what NXT was to WWE. Although the name is a bit...eh in my opinion.

Aww, poor Thunder Rosa. She needs hugs. And a big cookie.



Ooh, that match looks fun.

I've heard a lot of people complaining about this show and claiming it was because of Jim Cornette's departure. However, according to Eli Drake, this was not the case. The episode was always planned this way. It was always going to be this way. So, yeah. Cornette's departure had nothing to do with it. Heck, it was just bad cosmic timing. This was rather different from the previous episodes, but I didn't really hate it. It's clearly a breather for the next set of tapings. Not to mention the PPV calling up. I would have liked another match, but I did like Melina's interview and the behind the scenes of Thunder Rosa's MMA fight. I did wish it had more than one match on the show, but there's always next week.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, spread it around! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment