Sunday, March 15, 2020

Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

At E3 in 2019, it was announced that En Masse Entertainment and onus XP would be making a game based on the Netflix series The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, which was a prequel to the 1982 film The Dark Crystal. And now the launch trailer is here! Let's take a look!


In the game, you play as a Gelfing, naturally. Yeah, Age of Resistance was about the Gelfings trying to fight off the Skeksis. Naturally, if you watched The Dark Crystal, then you know how that went.

I have to admit, normally tactics games are not my cup of tea. However, there was this one I did play on Xbox Live Arcade years ago that I enjoyed...I wish I could remember the name of it.

One of the things The Dark Crystal is known for is its designs and world, designed by Brian Froud. He helped make the world of the movie look truly unique. It's really cool we see some of that here.

I like that the game looks colorful. Hopefully there will also be a variety of places we can have our party fight in. Would help show that Thra is a world that is very diverse and is more than just forests and the Skeksis' castle.

There really was not a whole lot to say about this trailer, as it was very short. But I did like what I saw. This game reminded me of the tactics game I enjoyed on my Xbox 360 all those years ago. I wish I could remember its name. I enjoyed The Dark Crystal and the prequel series on Netflix was pretty good, too. I think I'll give this game a try!

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, spread it around! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment