Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Happy MAR10 Day!

Happy Mario Day, everyone!


What is Mario Day? Well, it's a celebration of the Super Mario video game franchise! While not an official holiday, Mario Day is celebrated by fans of the Mario games. The day was chosen because when written as "Mar10" looks like Mario's name. You can learn more about it right here.

The Super Mario franchise is important to me personally as the games were the things that got me into gaming. One of the first consoles I ever owned was a Super Nintendo.



I loved that gray brick. I only had three games for it: Super Mario World, Super Mario All-Stars (A collection of the original three NES Mario titles and the Lost Levels), and John Madden Football. I was obsessed with the Mario games as a kid. Looking back, I kind of regret not building out a library for my SNES. Luckily, I can do that nowadays. But as a kid, I was happy with just my two Mario games.

Over the years, my love of games has expanded to other characters and genres. But Mario still has a close place in my heart. I always get excited for a new Mario game, and I never stop having fun playing them. So here's to you, Mario! May you have many more years of fun games!


Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you enjoyed it, spread it around! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment