Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Quantum League Announcement Trailer, My Thoughts

Time travel is a funny thing. It has many potential uses. One could use it to solve some of history's greatest mysteries. One could use it to help prevent disasters. Or, you could use it to team up with your past and future selves for some first-person shooter action. That's the premise of Quantum League, and let's look at the trailer for it!



BOOM!

"Yeah, that's me. You're probably wondering how I got in this situation."

Let's hit the rewind button on this, shall we?



Looks-wise, this game reminds me of Overwatch. Heck, you could consider these two games in the same universe... if they were developed by the same people. This is an indie game. It's not made by Blizzard.

I wonder how in this world this whole "Quantum League" thing works. How do you avoid time paradoxes and the like?

I wonder if these two will be the only characters we play as. Will there be others? Will we see these characters be given names, backstories, and lore like the characters in Overwatch? These characters seem like they should be actual characters, not just avatars.

Speaking of avatars, I wonder if you can create your own playable character and customize them? That would be cool, too.

Blond glasses dude makes me think of Johnny Cage from Mortal Kombat for some reason.

"Bang, you dead."

I have to admit, the game looks like a ton of fun, although it does raise some questions. Mainly, how does this work? How do you team up with your past and suture selves? How do you prevent timeline contamination? You can tell I grew up watching Back to the Future, right? I admit, my experience with first-person shooters is...limited. I only ever really played Doom and Chex Quest. Yes, Chex Quest, that game rocked. I may give this a try.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, spread it around! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment