Sunday, December 30, 2018

Rival Megagun Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

I love shoot 'em ups, or "Shumps" for short. One of my favorite arcade games is Galaga (I have the NES port of that game on my 3DS), I have Alpha Mission II on my Switch, and Blazing Lazers on my Wii U. I also have a couple of shmups on my tablet, including a collection of the Raiden Fighters series. So yeah, I love shumps. A good shmup is a fun way to kill time and test your gamins skill if you ask me.

So, when I heard about this new shmup called Rival Megagun, I thought it would be kind of cool. So, let's take a look at the launch trailer for it!


Music is pretty cool.

Oh, I like the look of this game already!

I can certainly see why this game is called Rival Megagun. Two player-action! Basically, you and a friend can become boss ships and invade each other's screens. Awesome! I wonder if there's a co-op campaign and online play.

Oh, the boss transformations look so cool! I like the one that becomes a giant robotic insect.

I like the idea of multiple character, each with their own weapons. Try every one, and find one you like. Something for everyone.

According to the description on the YouTube page, you can unlock gear and weapons to customize your ship of choice. I wonder if you can make your ship stronger, like an RPG. That would be awesome. I don't think many shmups have RPG elements like that.

I admit, I want to play this. Nintendo has been bringing some awesome indie games to the Switch, and this looks like another winner. Seriously. Titles like this show we are in a Golden Age of Indie Games, and I hope it doesn't end any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment