Monday, December 17, 2018

Text Play: Pokemon Mega Adventure #16

Welcome back to the Akiba Region! That's right, it's entry number 16 in my Text Play of Pokémon Mega Adventure!



I did it. I finally did it! I DID IT! I BEAT CELESTIAL! YES! I AM FEELING SO REVITALIZED RIGHT NOW! WHOO-HOO!

Man, I was so happy! My Primarina, and a lucky critical hit on Celestial's Mega Aerodactyl, ended up winning the battle! However, I didn't have a ton of time to celebrate. Afterwards, I got a mysterious call...in my head. I am not insane.


I got called by...well...this Pokémon. This is Latios, one of the legendaries of Gen III. Latios has informed me that Team Prime is attacking Descent Village. I'm guessing that's where the Descent Tower that Celestial was blabbering about is. You know, Celestial. THE MAN I FINALLY CLOBBERED. Evidently Rayquaza, the mascot of Pokémon Emerald, is there. And he's Team Prime's target. You can guess where this is going from here. Prime wants to use Rayquaza's power to take over the world. ...does Rayquaza chill out here when he's not wreaking havoc in Sinnoh?

Latios watched me give Celestial AN EPIC BEATDOWN and figured, "Hey, this guy could kick their butts", and asked me to take care of it. Red said he'll be there to back me up, as soon as he finishes helping Brendan out. Latios takes me to Descent Village. I got to ride a Legendary Pokémon. I love this game.

When we arrive, Latios informs me that Latios is helping Ash protect a place called the "Dragon Ascent Ground". I'm guessing that's where Rayquaza is slumbering or something. Latios tells me he'll join me for this. Hey, that's actually pretty neat. Teaming up with a Legendary to take on Team Prime? That's great! Latios would be very helpful...but I need to make some space for him on my team. I hope Descent Village has a Pokémon Center, because my team also took a beating fighting Celestial. THE FIGHT I WON.

I ran into a wild Pidgeot at the Descent Path, and discovered my Pokémon were all healed up. Awesome. I arrived at Descent Village, and found it occupied by Team Prime. One of the trainers on the Path was an Aroma Lady. After I defeated her Pokémon, she called me rude. What's the deal, lady? You challenged me to a battle!

Despite that, I was able to get to the Pokémon Center and make a space in my team for Latios. Once I went back to get him, I got a Latiosite. And he's at Level 50. He's going to be a big help here, I just know it! Descent Village is a rather small place, which...does make sense. It is a village, after all. It does have a Pokémon Center, but it lacks a Poke Mart.


I think that I can guess this is why the Pokémon Centers and Poke Marts were merged into one building. Much more convenient for small places like this. Heck, you could do this for story reasons. Show that Descent Village is too small for separate buildings, so a small Mart was started in the Pokémon Center. It can just stock basic stuff, like Poké Balls and Potions. That would be fine. Outside the Descent Village is the Descent Ground.


I found a Full Restore hidden among the trucks. And there's Team Prime members everywhere. I think they're training all their Pokémon.  Now, remember in the last entry when Celestial, THE GUY I FINALLY CLOBBERED, said that Team Prime was occupying the Descent Tower? Well, you'd think they'd have a bunch of grunts guarding the place. makes sense, right? They're a bunch of Team Prime grunts with their Pokémon in front of it. Turns out, they're just having some fun and chilling out. We got a wild Gabite defending the place.


Yeah. Team Prime are a bunch of lazy bums! They got all those grunts goofing off, and they leave the wild Pokémon to guard the place. That Gabite is wild! What would it care?! Anyway, I caught it. Maybe when I get a Ditto somehow, I can breed it for Gible. God, a Gabite would have been so helpful against Volkner. I defeated one at the Power Plant, but I didn't realize that you could catch it. Aw well, I got one now. The Descent Tower is supposed to be occupied by some powerful Pokémon. Is it an abandoned building that the Pokémon have taken over or something?

Anyway, when I get inside, the entrance is guarded by a wild Fraxure and Druddigon. They're both Dragon-type Pokémon, and it wasn't too hard to capture them. I can breed them like I did for that Gabite I also caught. I think I may have encountered a Pokémon Breeder in the past. Anyway, the building's ground floor is swarmed with Team Prime members. They are all over the place, standing in formation. I bet Beyoncé is popular among this bunch.

There's this old man defending the tower. I can't help but wonder about him. Does he own the tower? Does he feed the Pokémon here? Would explain why wild ones guard the tower.  I defeated the Team Prime grunt guarding he stairs to the first floor, and he mentions that "Mr. Squash" will be angry with him. I get the feeling this "Mr. Squash" was the mastermind.

I went up to the first floor, and got spotted by a Team Prime member. And hoo boy, she's got one powerful Pokémon. I'm going to need to do some more grinding. So, back to the Descent Path I go. The grinding actually wasn't so bad here. Next time, I'm cleaning this tower out! Man, Team Prime really love taking over towers, don't they?

Pokémon Obtained:
Descent Path
- Hawlucha
- Flabebe

Descent Ground
- Gabite

Descent Tower
- Fraxure
- Druddigon.

No comments:

Post a Comment