Thursday, December 6, 2018

Tekken 7 Negan Gameplay Trailer, My Thoughts

Back in August, I looked at the trailer for Tekken 7's Season Pass 2. Among the new characters in the game would be one Negan from the Image comic book/TV series The Walking Dead. I noted that he was an unusual choice for a fighter in this game as Negan is not really a martial artist. He's just a ruthless killer with a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire. Anyway, the guy has his own gameplay trailer out, so for my 570th blog entry, let's take a look!



I think the credits here are supposed to be done in the style of The Walking Dead. I never really watched the show, so...yeah.

"Hey, Negan! Come on, man! We're all cold and there are wolves after us! Let's get this over with"

I...don't really recognize a lot of these characters. I gotta play more Tekken.

Well, your trailer is the only one out here with a bathroom, Negan. Don't be a jerk and let other people use it!

Heh heh, that's for being a jerk, Negan.

I bet Negan never got to take a tiger to the face from Kazumi Mishima. But then again, I can imagine a lot of things in the Tekken world would blow even his crazy mind.

I think this is meant to be an homage to his debut in the Walking Dead series.

Ouch.

Heh heh. Vampire bat.

Huh. They got Jeffrey Dean Morgan to voice Negan in the game. That's pretty neat.

I'm no expert on fighting game mechanics or anything like that, but it does seem like Negan's style is just beat the tar out of everyone with his bat Lucille. It fits him. It is kind of interesting to see a character in a game like this. I still think he'd be a better fit for Mortal Kombat there, though. Gore and cursing, and all that. However, as I said before, as a crazy crossover, I love it. I hope we see more crazy game crossovers like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment