Sunday, April 10, 2016

Lego Marvel's Avengers Review

When my birthday came, I got an awesome gift. A new game for my Wii U. It was a game I had been looking forward to play since I first heard about it: Lego Marvel's Avengers.


So, what is Lego Marvel's Avengers? Well, to put it simply, it's essentially the two Avengers films told in the classic Lego style, with lots of humor. It also adds in moments from several previous Marvel Cinematic Universe films like Captain America: The First Avenger, The Winter Soldier, Iron Man 3, and Thor: The Dark World.

The game's director has said that the game is a celebration of the Avengers, and it promises a LOT of unlockable characters connected to the team in various media, and the announced list of characters is amazing, well known and obscure alike. Firebird, Fin Fang Foom, Sam Wilson Captain America, Jane Foster Thor, Miss Marvel, Wiccan, Speed, quite an amazing array of characters.

What's great about it? Well, it is addicting. I intended to play one level, and I ended up playing five. It was a real blast playing through the Avengers movie in the Lego style. It was fun from beginning to end. And guess what? DLC is coming! Yup! DLC based on Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers), Masters of Evil, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and Doctor Strange. Can't wait for it! I hope we get more levels! I am hoping the Doctor Strange DLC doesn't spoil the movie.

I do have a couple issues. A couple times, the game froze when I was playing. It was the part where Black Widow was trying to escape the Hulk's rampage in the helicarrier. Luckily I saved before then. It frustrated me, but then, the game worked normally. Was that a glitch?

The other criticism I have is that...well, this game doesn't add anything to the Lego Adaptation gameplay. We see no new abilities for characters. However, I never thought about that when playing the game. I was more annoyed by the freezing, and that only happened twice. I think the mentality with the gameplay here was "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." And hey, it's true. It brings nothing new to the gameplay, but what's there still works fine.

All in all, I do recommend this game. If you like Lego games, or you're a Marvel fan, pick this up. It's on a variety of consoles, and it's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment