Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Star Fox Zero - The Battle Begins

Star Fox Zero is almost here. To help celebrate it, Nintendo, Wit Studio, and IG Productions collaborated on a short little film called "Star Fox Zero - The Battle Begins". And here it is.


First of all, I have to admit, I was so surprised to see this. It was also a fun little bit of animation. I loved the style. It was bright and colorful. Peppy Hare was the funniest character in this little short film with him being grumpy and yelling at the younger members of the team. I also loved that they managed to fit in his catchphrase "Do A Barrel Roll!"

As for the film itself, I think it's an adaptation of the first level in Zero, which only makes me more excited for the game itself. This was a brilliant idea for Nintendo when it comes to promotion. I was already sold on this game.

I only have one major issue with this animation. It was too short. I would love to see an actual Star Fox animated series in this style. It has been far too long since we've seen Nintendo characters in an animated series. Star Fox would make a great action/sci fi series. Get on this, Nintendo! Heck, you may be able to cross over with Metroid, too!

This was a fun little film. If you have fifteen minutes to watch something fun, watch this.

No comments:

Post a Comment