Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Blaster Master Zero Trailer, My Thoughts

The Nintendo Switch is here, and there are a whole bunch of games coming for it, and in this case, for the 3DS, too! One of them is a blast from the past! Considered one of the greatest games of the NES era, Inti Creates and Sunsoft are bringing out Blaster Master Zero! And here is the trailer!


I have to admit, I never played the original Blaster Master. I did play friends' NESes as a kid, but the first console I owned was an SNES. Despite this, I do want to give this game a try. I love the look of it. The tank parts look like the original 8-bit graphics with better coloring, and the 3-D parts where the guy walks around on his own look like they were upgraded to 16-bit style to me.

I like the sound of the music. It's great enhanced chiptune work. Kudos to the composer on that. It was wonderful to listen to.

It's kind of funny that one of the presumed bosses is called Mother Brain. I would theorize that Blaster Master and Metroid may somehow be a part of the same universe, but Blaster Master isn't a first-party Nintendo game.

The coolest-looking boss is Central Gear. I mean, come on. It's a giant gear with crocodile teeth, veins all over it, and atomic breath that would make Godzilla proud.

The tank looks like it has a nice variety of weaponry, which is good. I am curious about the character of Eve. Something tells me that there is more to her than meets the eye. Usually is in stories like this.

Now, I do have one question? Is this an enhanced remake of the original? It sounds like it is. I like enhanced remakes of old games.

I can't wait to play this game! It looks like it'll be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment