Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Knives Out Trailer, My Thoughts

After directing the film The Last Jedi, Rian Johnson has turned his camera to something a bit more...earthbound: The murder mystery! Yup, Johnson has announced his next film is called "Knives Out", what he calls a modern take on the classic murder mystery...with a bit of comedy to it. He's assembled quite an impressive cast, too: Don Johnson, Chris Evans, Jamie Lee Curtis, Christopher Plummer, Michael Shannon. I admit, this got me curious, as I loved Clue.

Before we begin, I want to warn you that there is one moment of adult language in the trailer, so please keep that in mind when starting this. So, let's look at this trailer!


Aww, happy times! Family gatherings can be fun. Meet Christopher Plummer's Harlan Thrombrey, crime novelist. He's celebrating his 85th birthday, and he's brought his family together to celebrate. Thing is, his family is...a bit dysfunctional. So, nothing is totally going to go wrong here.

Yeah, family member dying on a birthday would absolutely suck. I don't wish that on anyone. Luckily, Daniel Craig's Detective Benoit Blanc is on the case!

Oh my God, I just noticed all those knives behind Jamie Lee Curtis. Who guesses they'll be the murder weapon?


Yeah, I thought so.

Somebody get those dogs a bone! Show some respect! That's Captain America!

In case you're wondering, that's a game called Go. It's a Chinese board game that was created over 2500 years ago. It's considered the oldest board game ever created that still is played today. It's predominantly popular in East Asia.

Oh, Det. Blanc is going to have some headaches trying to solve this mystery...

That's a lot of pills.

Is it just me, or is it with that hairstyle and beard, Michael Shannon bears a slight resemblance to Mark Hamill?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!

"Oh my God! This carpet's pattern is plans for an alien city!"

Suspects foul play? Oh, really?! Can't have a murder mystery without someone getting murdered!

I'd just say they all did it and get it over with.

Again, an amazing cast here.

Well, this sounds like a fun movie. As I said earlier, it does remind me slightly of Clue, but mixed a bit with Hercule Poirot. I think this movie looks like it will be a nice way to kill a couple of hours. I definitely want to watch it.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, please spread it around! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment