Thursday, September 26, 2019

Star Wars Pinball Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

Back in April, I gave my thoughts on the announcement of Star Wars Pinball. I remember looking forward to this game, as I like pinball and I'm a casual fan of Star Wars. But now the game has arrived! Let's take a look at the launch trailer!


The tables look really awesome!

Hey, a Rogue One table! I enjoyed that movie. I also own the novelization. I'll have to read through it again sometime.

And then Boba Fett took a laser to the knee. Yeah, I know. Old meme is old.

It would be awesome if one of these tables had an FPS mini-game in them. Take advantage of the video game medium! Do things you can't do with real-life tables! Go nuts!

19 tables, huh? Well, for the amount of money GameStop charges for this game, I'd better get a lot of tables!

I think that's a Return of the Jedi-themed table. I recognize the Endor battle.

...Play in Vertical Mode, huh? That's neat. Wait, do you have to turn the Switch on its side to play it in this mode?!

Choose a side, huh? I get that the whole Light Side/Dark Side thing is a part of the Star Wars mythos, but what is this for? Does this game have some sort of Story Mode?

Hey, a Star Wars Rebels table!

And of course, in a Star Wars game, you can use the Force. I can imagine it would go towards helping aim the ball for better shots, or saving yourself from losing your ball.

I'm guessing that these are tables based on A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back.

Well, I am sold! As I said, I love pinball, and I enjoy Star Wars, so I think I'll get this game at some point in the future.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, spread it around! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment