Sunday, January 26, 2020

198X Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

Growing up can be tough. Shedding the innocence of childhood and getting ready to join the world of adults can be a daunting experience. Sometimes, you just want to get your mind off things for a little while. One way to do that is to hit the local arcade and play some games. For the teenager called "Kid", the lines between the world of video games and reality are about to blur. This is 198X. Let's take a look at the launch trailer!


*relaxing retrowave music*

I like the look of this beat-'em-up...wait, it's not just a beat-'em-up?

Hey cool, a shoot-'em-up! I love shoot-'em-ups! I have R-Type Dimensions on my Nintendo Switch, and it's so much fun...wait, it's not just a shoot-'em-up?

Hey, looks like Outrun there! I have this Outrun-esque game on my 3DS called 80s Overdrive. It's...alright. It could have been better. Wait, it's not just a racing game?

It's also not just a ninja game? ...that makes me want to go grab my Switch and play The Messenger again.

It's not just an RPG, either? What kind of game is this? Although that dragon-dying animation is pretty cool...

Ohhh, I see! You're a kid playing games in an arcade! Although an RPG would be rather odd to have in an arcade, considering the very nature of role-playing games and all... There are arcade games with RPG elements out there, like Knights of the Round, but an full-on role-playing game? Yeah, that would be odd to see in an arcade.

"Over-the-top arcade action meets coming-of-age story". So, kind of like Scott Pilgrim, except and actual video game.

198X. Because we don't want to pin down the year.

Uh, you got a ninja on your telephone pole there.

Hey, is that a spaceship in the sky?

Well, this looks interesting. I'm a sucker for 80s stuff, so I may give this a shot. I'm actually quite fascinated how the arcade games will be incorporated. I hope there's a demo!

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, spread it around! See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment