Sunday, February 11, 2018

Dragon Quest Builders Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

I love video games. I love RPGs. One of my favorite series of RPGs is Dragon Quest. I am not kidding. Final Fantasy may be the big RPG series here in America, but there is a growing fanbase here for Dragon Quest. That makes me happy, as this series brought RPGs to consoles, whereas beforehand, they originally were played on computers. I own six of the games for my DS and 3DS: IV, V, VI, IX, and the 3DS remakes of VII and VIII. And I can't wait for XI to come to the states. :)

I also have played a little bit of Minecraft, and I remember enjoying it. But what if I told you there was a game that essentially combined Dragon Quest and Minecraft? Well, there is. The game is called Dragon Quest Builders. Originally released for the PS4 in 2016, it's now come to the Switch. Here's the launch trailer!


I love the announcer's voice. He sounds so enthusiastic.

The game does look really good. I love the idea of playing this on the go. I do hope this game lets you go nuts with building stuff.

So, we're playing in a version of Alefgard. which was the setting of the very first Dragon Quest game. The Dragonlord, the villain of that game, has won here and devastated the land. And it's up to you, the Builder, to restore the land back to its former glory.

I love how the Builder is introduced, and the look on his face is awesome. It's like, "I'm going to build the HELL out of this place." I hope there's a degree of customization for the Builder. Such a feature would really help with immersion, as the player could imagine they are the Builder.

Hey, Builder got a hovercar. I bet that will be handy.

Naturally, in Alefgard, you gotta beat up some monsters.

WOW, YOU CAN WALK AROUND ON AN AREA THAT OOKS LIKE THE NES ALEFGARD! THAT IS SO COOL!

Aww, the Builder riding a Sabercat. And Sabercats look adorable in the game's art style.

Looks like you can choose the gender of the Builder and customize their appearance. That's a great feature.

Carve an emoji into a mountainside. Heh heh.

I gotta get the demo for my Switch. This game looks like it will be fun. I can't wait to get it!

No comments:

Post a Comment