Monday, February 19, 2018

Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 & 2 Switch Trailer, My Thoughts

The Mega Man series, back in the day (and still is), one of Capcom's most beloved series of games. The titular robotic Blue Bomber was practically Capcom's mascot. The original NES series would be regarded as one of the best, and most difficult games, on the system that saved the video game industry. And the games are coming to the Switch in special packs! Let's look at the trailer!


I love the bit with the 8-bit and 16-bit incarnations of Mega Man running towards each other under the Capcom logo. It's like they're running up to each other, asking if they're ready to kick Wily butt, then teleport into action.

I know they released the first Mega Man Legacy Collection for the 3DS in the past. The trailer says there will be new features. I do hope that means there will be more new features than the 3DS version. Personally, I'd think it would have been really cool to see the original six get enhanced remakes. Improved graphics (Because who would NOT want to play these games with 16-bit-style graphics), maybe the addition of an "easy mode", that kind of thing.

I like the rewind feature, though. I imagine that would really reduce the frustration level. I'm sure some retrogamers will grumble about it, but for me, I think it's a welcome feature for people who want to try the series, but is intimidated by the difficulty, like me. I'm hoping that's not the only new feature.

Legacy 2 collects Mega Man 7-10. Basically, Mega Man 7 originally for the SNES, and Mega Man 8 originally for the PlayStation, and the retro NES-styled 9 and 10. This will be the first time Legacy Collection 2 will be released on a platform that can be played on the go, as it was originally for PS4, Xbox One, and the PC. That's really cool. I'm happy they can be played on the go. Who doesn't love being able to play games on the go?

I think the Challenge Mode is really neat. Will provide a fun extra for veteran Mega Man players.

The Sound Mode is another cool feature. I know the Mega Man series' music is popular, so being able to kick back with it would be fun.

The Museum Mode is the one that really fascinates me. I love that this feature will give behind-the-scenes look on the history and the development of these games. I love that kind of stuff, and it gives me a great appreciation of the people who worked hard to make these games.

Well, this seems pretty darn cool. I hope Switch owners who've never played the Mega Man games give it a try and have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment