Saturday, February 10, 2018

Venom Teaser, My Thoughts

Something new is coming to the comic book film world. Something dangerous. Something lethal. Something poisonous. The comic book movie world is getting itself a taste...of Venom.

Since 2007, there has been attempts to get the sinister symbiote his own solo film, after the character appeared in Spider-Man 3. And now, after 11 years, it looks like it may actually happen. Let's take a look at the teaser trailer.



The teaser begins with...a view of a lake? No, it's a painting in a hospital. Some guy is getting an MRI. Take care of your brain, kids. It's the only one you got.

So, we get a view of San Francisco next. Which makes sense. You see, in the comics, Venom spent some time in San Francisco as a "Lethal Protector" of the homeless there.

Get a glimpse of a woman. I think that's Ann Weying. She was the first female Venom. She's dead now.

So I'm assuming something happens and Eddie Brock ends up in a hospital.

And there's a tease of a black bubbling thing that I am assuming is the Venom symbiote. That has to be.

I think Tom Hardy had some LSD before taking his MRI, and he's now having a bad trip.

Yeah, I'm not sure what to think of this film. It's...kind of weird to me that they are trying to do a film focusing on Venom that doesn't have any connection to Spider-Man. It feels wrong to me. I have heard that this film is "adjunct" to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Basically, Sony considers it part of the MCU, but Marvel Studios does not. This trailer does feel a bit generic. We don't even get any teasing of Venom itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment