Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Boot Hill Bounties Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

The Wild West has always been an inspiration for various media, like films, comic books, TV shows, and even video games. The success of Red Dead Redemption games and the cult following of Wild Guns shows that the cowboy still has a mystical hold on people's imagination. And now, a new RPG from the Nintendo Switch is going to give us some more rootin-tootin' gun-slingin' horse-ridin' cattle-rustlin' action! Let's take a look at the launch trailer for Boot Hill Bounties!


I like the idea of an RPG set in the Wild West. They tend to mostly be set in medieval sword-and-sorcery settings, so this feels rather fresh.

Welp, looks like them mean ol' Saints-Little boys are causin' trouble again. Time to rustle up a posse and bring them varmints to justice.


I like the overworld graphics and the music. Has a bit of 16-bit Super Nintendo vibe to it. The sprites in the battle scenes do seem a bit...off to me. I'm not sure why.

Disguising themselves as monks? Paying homage to Robin Hood, I see.

Based on that rock-puncher, we're getting some Weird West here. Nice.


I wonder if we can play cards in that saloon? Or more importantly, a barfight.

Do we get to hunt in this game? Like in The Oregon Trail?

That's what you get for selling lies, Mr. Snake Oil Salesman!

Well, this game looks like a ton of fun! I do like RPGs, and this one seems rather unique thanks to its setting. I hope we get some homages to some famous Westerns in this. I think I'll give this game a try!

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, show it to others! See you next time! Take care of yourself, and each other! Stay safe, stay healthy, and wash your hands often!

No comments:

Post a Comment