Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Langrisser I & II Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

In 1991, Masaya Games developed and released the tactical role-playing game known as Langrisser. The game told the tale of Prince Garett of a land named Baltia as he and his allies battle the evil Dalsis Empire for the fate of the world.

The game was originally released for the Sega Genesis (Mega Drive for all you Brits/Europeans out there), and it would spawn a small franchise of games. For many years, this game, renamed Warsong in North America, was the only game in the Langrisser series to be released in the West. There are fan translations for the games out there.

Over the years, the five main games in the series have appeared on consoles and handheld devices, and even came to phones. But now, on the Nintendo Switch, the first two of these games are available to play. The second game was called Langrisser II or Der Langrisser, and it was originally released in 1994 for the Mega Drive and the Super Famicom (What the Super Nintendo Entertainment System was called in Japan). This game got its first official release in the West right here! Let's take a look at the Langrisser I & II launch trailer for the Nintendo Switch!



Yeah, looks like the characters got revamped to a more "modern anime" look.

Huh. Japanese audio. Hopefully, there's English voices as well.

I'm not familiar with these characters, I'm afraid. Heck, it was only recently that I heard of Langrisser.

I'm betting these will be some of the monsters and villains we'll be fighting in this game.

Oh, you can use the classic art style! That's nice!


I mean it! I'm sure the old-school gamers will love this. And so do I, because honestly...I think the old style looks better for these characters.

"Well, okay. But you have to pull your weight on this team."

Hey, Music DLC? Hope it's free or at least very cheap. And it's neat hearing how the music evolved from chiptunes to orchestration as gaming technology improved.

I admit, I am curious about this game. I've never really played much in the way of tactical RPGs, but this game...it's gotten me interested in giving it a try. Hope there's a demo!

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, spread it around! See you next time! Take care of yourselves and each other, wash your hands often, stay home, and be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment