Monday, April 27, 2020

Panzer Dragoon Launch Trailer, My Thoughts

In 1995, Sega released the game Panzer Dragoon, the first game developed by Team Andromeda. The first in the Panzer Dragoon series, it was one of the six launch titles developed for the Sega Saturn.

In Panzer Dragoon, you play as Keil Fluge, the rider of a mighty dragon. You ride the dragon through six rail shooter levels in which you try and stop an evil dragon from accessing a Black Tower in a post-apocalyptic science-fantasy world.

The game received much critical acclaim as well as a couple of sequels: Panzer Dragoon II Zwei in 1996, Panzer Dragoon Saga in 1998, and Panzer Dragoon Orta in 2002. The game also got to be ported to the PlayStation 2 and PC. Now, the Nintendo Switch has got a remake! Let's take a look!



Fly, my pretties, fly!

"Okay, here's your blue dragon, just be careful with the turbulence, make sure you're securely strapped in and give it steak on Thursdays."

Seeing that winged flying ship reminded me of this time that I once rode on a ferry when I was a kid. The seas were so rough, and I got so seasick. I wonder, on a flying ship like this, do you get seasick or airsick?

The game's a rail shooter, so you just have to concentrate on shooting the enemies while the dragon flies through the air. Simple, yet addictive.

One of the things this game has gotten praise for is its art direction, and I can see why. It's beautiful stuff. And the upscaled graphics only make it more so.

SANDWORMS! SOMEBODY CALL BEETLEJUICE!

Well, this game looks like it will be a lot of fun. I do enjoy a good shooter on occasion, and I also like old-school games, so...there you go. I Think I will give this a try, it looks really beautiful.

Thanks for reading this blog entry! If you liked it, spread it around! See you next time! Take care of yourself, and each other. Stay safe, stay healthy, stay at home, and wash your hands often!

No comments:

Post a Comment